The board, nominees.

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Sun Feb 1 09:42:05 CET 2009

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> So the plan according to my last email was to give time to vote in new
> members before running the board vote itself. However, as there have been no
> new member requests, I guess we can skip the voting on them part of the
> equation. Also, as the nominations have died down, it seems to me that we
> have our stable set of nominees.
> So, without further ado, here is the list (in absolutely no order at all):
> Option: Jeff Mitchell
> Option: Seb Ruiz
> Option: Mark Kretschmann
> Option: Leo Franchi
> Option: Ian Monroe
> Option: Nikolaj Nielsen
> Option: Dan (leinir) Jensen
> Option: Gregory Meyer
> Option: Lydia Pintscher
> If anyone would like to append a name to this list, you have until tomorrow
> to do so. I'll start the vote tomorrow night or so. The vote will last 1
> week (unless someone would like it longer?).
> cheers,

09:24 < markey> uhm guys, the whole voting stuff
09:24 < markey> don't we first need candidates?
09:24 < markey> who declare what they actually want to do?
09:24 < markey> I thought that's a prerequesite for voting anyone
09:24 < markey> e.g. who wants to become Treasurer?
09:25 < Mamarok> and know what structure we are going to have exactly
and what tasks are needed to be covered
09:25 < markey> looks to me like lfranchi is kinda skipping this step
09:26 < markey> imho it would make sense to do that first
09:27 < markey> instead of voting a bunch of people, and then letting
them figure out what they actually do
09:28 < markey> the way it would happen now, we could vote 5 people,
among which is noone with the slightest clue about financials
09:28 < markey> i.e. no Treasurer
09:28 < markey> what then?
09:28 < markey> read a book on Treasuring?
09:29 < markey> I would say we want Greg Meyer to stay treasurer, if
he's up for the task [1]
09:29 < markey> the man is a professional
09:29 < markey> and has been doing this job for amarok for 5 years or
so, very successfully
09:30 < markey> (Greg is a professional accountant)

[1] I did actually mean "if he wants to do this task"

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer