[Amarok] improved filtering in the collection browsers, no

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 22 23:04:19 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 10:15 PM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Maximilian Kossick
> <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> commit 4adf76ec03aad76cf1b5bb1b883a7d092fbe7395
>> Author:     Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com>
>> AuthorDate: Fri Sep 4 23:54:03 2009 +0200
>> Commit:     Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com>
>> CommitDate: Fri Sep 4 23:56:40 2009 +0200
>>
>>    improved filtering in the collection browsers, no more reseting when editing track details!
>>    the collection browsers now query the backends for changes in the background, and
>>    only update the view with deltas, instead of throwing away the whole model
>

> Hey Maxx,
>
> I'm not sure if this commit is the source of my troubles but it seems
> the most likely candidate. The problem is that the collection
> browser's TreeView is not updating when new tracks are added or tracks
> are removed. You can easily test by deleting a file from the local
> collection, you'll see how the track remains in the tree view until a
> restart is performed.
>
> I made sure collectionUpdated() (i.e, emit updated() ) is being
> called, and I even tried emptying  the registry cache, but that still
> wouldn't force the update. Editing Track Details performs an update as
> one would expect.
>
> Casey

Both the view and querymaker work correctly from what I can see. What
is not working correctly is that SqlCollectionLocation::remove() a)
removes the wrong row from the tracks table(it should be WHERE url =
%1 instead of WHERE id = %1 ... again) and b) does not clear all the
other tables (e.g. artists, albums, ...) when necessary.

Cheers,
max