[Amarok] improved filtering in the collection browsers, no

Casey Link unnamedrambler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 22:15:20 CET 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> commit 4adf76ec03aad76cf1b5bb1b883a7d092fbe7395
> Author:     Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com>
> AuthorDate: Fri Sep 4 23:54:03 2009 +0200
> Commit:     Maximilian Kossick <maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com>
> CommitDate: Fri Sep 4 23:56:40 2009 +0200
>
>    improved filtering in the collection browsers, no more reseting when editing track details!
>    the collection browsers now query the backends for changes in the background, and
>    only update the view with deltas, instead of throwing away the whole model

Hey Maxx,

I'm not sure if this commit is the source of my troubles but it seems
the most likely candidate. The problem is that the collection
browser's TreeView is not updating when new tracks are added or tracks
are removed. You can easily test by deleting a file from the local
collection, you'll see how the track remains in the tree view until a
restart is performed.

I made sure collectionUpdated() (i.e, emit updated() ) is being
called, and I even tried emptying  the registry cache, but that still
wouldn't force the update. Editing Track Details performs an update as
one would expect.

Casey