Organize Collection yet again

Magnus Bergmark magnus.bergmark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:29:22 CET 2009

Hi,

I just received a message from my ex. She accidently destroyed a lot of her
collection by using the Organize Collection dialog. She was just exploring
the app, like any regular user should be able to do, and saw that dialog.
Since it looked like some kind of settings dialog to her, and she wasn't
interested in setting that up, she pressed "OK" to close it. I'm so happy
she knows about the kill command, because otherwise she would have lost her
entire collection.

Someone should really do something about this soon. Add a confirmation with
big fat letters, make the button not enabled until something is touched,
present a tutorial or rename "OK" to "Move and rename all files", etc.
Something. I agree that it looks like a harmless settings dialog at first
glance, and a slight glance at a dialog shouldn't be able to delete all your
precious music.

I know this has been discussed before, but was a consensus ever reached?

--
Magnus Bergmark - magnus DOT bergmark AT gmail DOT com
GPG/PGP: 0x7BE84794DB6AA648