2.2 release

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Aug 24 16:34:35 CEST 2009

OK Guys,

Last warning: string freeze will start in 1 week! get your string
changes in ASAP so we can make life easy on the translators.

Lydia will tag 2.2-alpha1 at 18/19 UTC on Monday, Aug. 31. This means
that from that time onwards we are in a *soft feature freeze*. In
theory a soft freeze would only allow features on the release plan to
be added...  however, we don't have a release plan. So my suggestion
is to just use your judgement---no big features, no random features,
be considerate to the codebase.

2 weeks after that is Sept. 14, which will be 2.2 Beta1. Also, that
will be a hard freeze--bugfix *only*.

In general, lets get out of "cool new feature" mode and info  "fix the
nagging bugs" mode. 2.2 is already shaping up to be awesome, so a
month or two of bugfixing will make it so much better!

leo