2.2 release

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Mon Aug 17 22:42:30 CEST 2009

Hi dudes and dudettes,

The end of SoC is upon us. The time for 2.2 has come!

This means, primarily, that we need to freeze. Given the mad bug-
triaging that Myriam has been doing, it should be easier than ever to
zero in on our bugs and resolve as many as we can for 2.2 final.

Do people have any things they want to get in before we hard freeze? I
propose the following:

August 28th (fri): String freeze, soft feature freeze, tag/release 2.2
Beta 1
Sept. 11th (fri): Hard feature freeze, 2.2 Beta 2
Sept. 25th (fri): Release 2.2 final

I'm unsure if 4 weeks is too little time---I would say to try this
schedule, and if we have to, release a beta3 instead of final, and
push back final to Oct. 9th or so.

thoughts?
leo