Running Unit Tests

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Wed Aug 5 09:55:05 CEST 2009

2009/8/5 Sven Krohlas <sven at asbest-online.de>:

> Heya,
>
>> Is there no way to run amarok --test in it's own sandbox mode? Or
>> perhaps trigger tests by calling `make tests` instead?
>
> Currently not.
> We could maybe set up some kind of build bot on a webserver,
> updating and builing after each checkin and running the tests
> afterwards. Then a small website showing the results.
> Maybe even on different platforms and distributions (using
> some virtual machines).
>
> With that we could get notified automatically when breakage
> occurs.

Atlassian has a tool called Bamboo [0], which is a Continuous
Integration server which can run arbitrary tests after each commit. It
has a web UI and does notifications and other fancy things. Like
FishEye, we can get an open source license.

Perhaps this is an option.

[0] http://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/

--
Seb Ruiz