Design and API review during Amarok DevSprint

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Sun Apr 26 13:12:38 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Bart Cerneels <bart.cerneels at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Damn I wish i could be there :(
>>
>> Casey
>
> You can help prepare!
>
> I think the best way to make the most of the face time in Berlin will
> be to get everyone up to speed about Amarok's design.
>
> If there is any framework, API or system in Amarok you developed or
> feel confident you can explain completely, please prepare a
> presentation (if you'll be there) and/or an overview sheet.
> We'll use these to prepare and at the start of the design review sessions.
>
> We only have 4 days left to do this. So it should be done fast.
> I'll go ahead and select some "volunteers". If you're on the list and
> really can't or don't want to do it respond immediately.
>
> - Meta/Collection -> Maxx_k
> - Meta::Playlist/PlaylistManager/Synchronization -> Bart
> - Services -> Nikolaj
> - Biased Playlist (or replacement) -> Ian
> - Scripting and unit testing -> Sven
> - EngineController -> Markey
> - ContextView -> Leo
> - Bookmarks/timecodes -> Casey
>
> Send drafts of the overviews to this mailing list (new tread) please:
> Immediate distribution and a chance to correct mistakes or unclarity.
>
> Bart

I'm forgetting a few:
The Playlist/PlaylistManager -> Ian
and since Ian will be doing that I re-assign Biased Playlists to Sebr.

If you rather want to do something else (which should be something you
know by hard) please start a new tread for this on the list with the
first few sentences of the overview, claiming it.

Bart