Current Valgrind analysis including leak check

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 17 10:25:18 CEST 2009

Ahoy,

if anyone is interested, I've just been running a Valgrind memcheck
session, including high resolution leak checking. My original
intention was to find a possible memory leak with "Watch Folders For
Changes". Several users complained about growing memory usage when
this feature is enabled. E.g here in our forum:

http://amarok.kde.org/forum/index.php/topic,16825.0.html

Here's the Valgrind parameters I used:

"valgrind --log-file=$HOME/valgrind_leakcheck_amarok_17_april_2009.txt
--num-callers=50 --suppressions=/home/mark/Documents/kde.supp
--leak-check=full --leak-resolution=med amarok --nofork"

Attached you'll find the log - it does show a number of leaks, but as
always, interpreting the log is an art in itself :)

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer