how to figure out what options are supported, was Re: Odd crash with MySQL Embedded 5.1.28

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Sep 26 22:21:34 CEST 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>> So we're using MySQL Embedded in Amarok, it works fine for most of us
>> that use 5.1, including myself. However the following backtrace is
>> from the second person to have this issue. Its repeatable, happens at
>> startup.
>>
>> Is there something about how their MySQL is setup on their system that
>> could cause such a crash?
> [snip]
>>    mysql_library_init(num_elements, server_options, server_groups);
>>    m_db = mysql_init(NULL); // <- crash happens HERE
>
> So we did figure out that mysql_library_init is returning 1, which
> explains why mysql_init is crashing.
>
> But how do we figure out what exactly the '1' means? Any clues?

We figured it out: we had --skip-innodb, which crashed anyone who
didn't have Innodb support built.

Is there any way we could have it add --skip-innodb if and only if
Innodb support is present? I can't find a mysql_* function that
describes server functionality. A compile time option would work as
well I suppose, since we're currently statically linking.

Ian