MySQLe link issue

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Sep 25 14:33:14 CEST 2008

> In my opinion, the long-term solution is to turn libmysqld.a into a
> libmysqld.so (eg dynamically linked). Given that Windows has
> libmysqld.dll I don't get why this doesn't exist already. I might have
> to write another email to internals and hope I get a response this
> time...

What are the distribution limitations on the static library?

Since it's static, it seems to me that if licensing concerns do not
exist, we should (for now at least) be able to distribute one of our
static libraries and have Amarok use that lib.

That being said, it would somewhat undermine the responsibility of the
packagers to get things working...

--Jeff