extragear/multimedia/amarok

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Tue Sep 23 16:48:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 4:33 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> Personally I think the Windows team needs to just work harder. :D I

*headdesk*
Like they don't have anything else to do.
Just like we need to work harder and fix bugs in Amarok 1.4...

> remember talking to someone (maybe you?) saying that the cmake files
> didn't have any build support for mysql embedded, which is completely
> false as I was actually learning about how libmysqld is built by
> reading the (windows-only) cmake files. My guess is they need to use
> mysql 5.1 instead of mysql 5.0.

And I assume you are going to tell them about this in a second?

> The whole situation with Windows is a bit awkward since it conflates
> the normal upstream/downstream separation.

This doesn't have much to do with upstream/downstream separation. They
would be just as pissed if you did that and they were downstream like
any other distro.

And really: We want to be successful on Windows, right? Windows users
are going to be a big user group (The biggest?). We can't pull stuff
like this any longer and make it hard for the kde-on-windows folks!

Cheers
Lydia

--
Lydia Pintscher