extragear/multimedia/amarok

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Sep 23 16:33:49 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Dan Meltzer
<parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:23 AM, Dan Meltzer
>> As recently blogged about by the kde-windows team, mysqle is a no go
>> on windows due to mysql being pretty horrible upstream.
>>
>> Dan,
>
> ... And to finish my email...
>
> How about, for now (as the sqlite code hasn't been deleted yet) until
> we find a solution on windows (which will probably take a while) we
> still use sqlite on windows and mysql on linux?

Personally I think the Windows team needs to just work harder. :D I
remember talking to someone (maybe you?) saying that the cmake files
didn't have any build support for mysql embedded, which is completely
false as I was actually learning about how libmysqld is built by
reading the (windows-only) cmake files. My guess is they need to use
mysql 5.1 instead of mysql 5.0.

The whole situation with Windows is a bit awkward since it conflates
the normal upstream/downstream separation.

Ian