Release naming

Lydia Pintscher lydia at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 14:18:30 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 08:07, Mark Kretschmann <kretschmann at kde.org> wrote:
> I agree with all this.
>
> While we're at it, I would also like to insist going back to our old
> alpha/beta naming scheme, which was just that: "alpha1", "beta1", etc.
>
> With the new system a release is both named "beta1", and "1.90". This
> is confusing to everyone (including us), and doesn't even make sense
> logically. 2.x is _not_ 1.x, whatever way you look at it.

No!
There are reasons behind this version scheme.
Some of them being:
- package management (Who of you packaged software so far?)
- the rest of KDE does it this way as well
- 2.0 beta 1 < 2.0!
For more please talk to Harald. I did not choose this out of the blue.

--
Lydia Pintscher
Amarok community manager