enabling qtscript under windows

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 17:24:25 CEST 2008

Hi all,

Hydrogen forced me to get the qtscript libraries to work on windows
which have previously not been working due to a linker error.
The problem is here that the linker command as given by cmake exceeded
the maximum amount of characters allowed on windows for command line
arguments (guess it is 32'768 ;-)).

There are two possible workarounds and I made a patch for each:
1) cut down the length of each files path until the overall length is
smaller than 32'000 characters. (amarok-qtscript-cutdown-names.diff)
2) split up the library into multiple libraries, of which only one is a
non-static one. (amarok-qtscript-helperLibs.diff)

Both solutions are quite hacky but there is no other way anymore except
to hack the compiler.

regards,
Patrick

--