Issues with the new playlist...

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Oct 30 12:54:55 CET 2008

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen wrote:
> I though t about this a while back, the thing is, we are not using
> text labels but painting the text directly using a QPainter, hence
> there is nothing to set a tooltip on.

But you can get hover events (or generate them ourselves) on the
graphicsitems.  You can create a tooltip at an arbitrary QPoint after
all.  There might even be a better way (but it might be more arduous):

"Note that, if you want to show tooltips in an item view, the model/view
architecture provides functionality to set an item's tool tip; e.g., the
QTableWidgetItem::setToolTip() function. However, if you want to provide
custom tool tips in an item view, you must intercept the help event in
the QAbstractItemView::viewportEvent() function and handle it yourself."