Issues with the new playlist...

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 08:08:58 CET 2008

> 1) Selecting the first track selects the header -- is there any way around this?

I don't think there is any easy way around this.

> 2) The header takes up a giant amount of space... why do we need the
> extra space between lines (i.e. can we shrink the cover down to be two
> lines tall so we don't have extra white space)

Sure, this is very easily doable

> 3) With text being ellidable, we should probably set the tooltip role
> for each item to be the same as the full text, so hovering over the
> item shows the full text.

I though t about this a while back, the thing is, we are not using
text labels but painting the text directly using a QPainter, hence
there is nothing to set a tooltip on.

> 4) nowplaying indicator isn't full width--should it be? It seems odd
> to have it with margins, but the selection indicator without margins
> (although it does kind of differentiate between them)

This is one of my very old graphical elements. I think it looks like
crap, so we need a new one in any case.

- Nikolaj