Adding tracks to the collection

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Tue Oct 21 08:57:52 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:

>>> Sure, perhaps not, unless we want to allow third part scripts to build
>>> collections (bad idea perhaps). Eg, importers from arbitrary (iTunes,
>>> rythymbox collections etc)
>>
>> Actually I think enabling this is a very cool idea. :)
>>
>>> The QtScript bindings that we have don't expose the Meta objects to scripts.
>>
>> This isn't true. They are available via the playlist manipulation
>> stuff. You can even edit tags. Collections aren't really exposed at
>> all though.
>>
> Why aren't they then? Given that they are a core part of A2, it makes
> sense to allow scripts to work with collections, querymakers and meta
> objects imo. I'm not sure if any of those are scriptable yet, but are
> there technical reasons that prevent us from doing that (like Meta
> objects not being QObjects, or reference counting of meta objects)?
>
> Max

I've added script interfaces to non-QObjects, it's not hard at all.
But if you want to give scripters access to the Collections then it's
API does need to be safe and stable. So I guess we just need something
quick 'n' dirty to allow Seb to do his stuff and finalize an API post
2.0?

Bart