Adding tracks to the collection

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 21 08:53:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 4:58 AM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:

>>> I really can't imagine any other script ever needing to do this. So to me
>>> that means either you should rethink having it be a script at all or it
>>> means that you shouldn't worry about making the API clean, since its
>>> essentially an internal API. So do whatever makes implementation easy.
>>
>> Sure, perhaps not, unless we want to allow third part scripts to build
>> collections (bad idea perhaps). Eg, importers from arbitrary (iTunes,
>> rythymbox collections etc)
>
> Actually I think enabling this is a very cool idea. :)
>
>> The QtScript bindings that we have don't expose the Meta objects to scripts.
>
> This isn't true. They are available via the playlist manipulation
> stuff. You can even edit tags. Collections aren't really exposed at
> all though.

Why aren't they then? Given that they are a core part of A2, it makes
sense to allow scripts to work with collections, querymakers and meta
objects imo. I'm not sure if any of those are scriptable yet, but are
there technical reasons that prevent us from doing that (like Meta
objects not being QObjects, or reference counting of meta objects)?

Max