Post 2.0.0 release plan discussion

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sun Nov 23 17:48:54 CET 2008

Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> Ok, before we decide on how we are going to do it we should decide on
> what we are going to do.
> So first of all please everyone let me/us know about their post 2.0
> plans. No bikesheding and/or discussion here! Just tell what you want
> to work on. Brainstorming! Everything is allowed.
> Once we have that we can see how we are going to to this and when. I
> can make a rough proposal once everyone wrote down their plans and
> then we can discuss it. This also makes it a lot easier to draw up a
> timeline to stick to.

My plans:

* Work with Soren to come up with a single outside binary (with
predictable output for scripts) to handle file and audio
tracking/correlation.  Ideally extensible for other schemes to be added
(for instance, Rudd-O's algorithm).
* Work on a first-run tutorial.
* Work on a nicer, prettier modal dialog box we can use, based on the
work for the first-run tutorial.
* Work on a track registry that can be used when adding files from the
file browser to correlate Artist/Album/etc. Meta.
* Finish the Songkick applet.
* Keep coordinating with Tradebit.

--Jeff