Post 2.0.0 release plan discussion

Seb Ruiz ruiz at kde.org
Thu Nov 20 22:17:49 CET 2008

2008/11/21 Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com>:
> The main point is that we should do a number of very fast 2.0.x bugfix
> releases. A sane proposal would be do to 2 3 week release cycles ( 2
> weeks development, 1 week freeze ) for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2. This will
> allow us to quickly respond to the worst bugs that show up after the
> final is released.

We've always had a rather lax idea of "freeze", especially during the
1.3/1.4 series, and I think this added a positive contribution to the
huge development we saw then. I feel that our post 2.0 freeze, whilst
necessary to a great degree, restricted a lot of developers and their
coding habits (although git has alieved lots of these). For this
reason I think we should drop from freeze threat level red to freeze
threat level yellow - allow new features and strings, provided they
are small enough and don't include large risky changes.

--
Seb Ruiz

http://www.sebruiz.net/
http://amarok.kde.org/