Post 2.0.0 release plan discussion

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 20:05:11 CET 2008

> Ok, before we decide on how we are going to do it we should decide on
> what we are going to do.
> So first of all please everyone let me/us know about their post 2.0
> plans. No bikesheding and/or discussion here! Just tell what you want
> to work on. Brainstorming! Everything is allowed.
> Once we have that we can see how we are going to to this and when. I
> can make a rough proposal once everyone wrote down their plans and
> then we can discuss it. This also makes it a lot easier to draw up a
> timeline to stick to.

I think this is an excellent idea, do note that bugfixing has to be
added alongside all of these proposals ( as I doubt anyone has it as
their major plan to fix bugs for 6 months )

Anyway, my major plans (in no particular order) are:

* Collection Bookmarks / Amarok Urls ( I have explained this to some,
ask if you dont know what it is )
* Browser / playlist category for the above
* Improving the scriptable service framework ( custom icons and album images )
* Helping Jeff with the private Album/Artist/.. registry ( will fix
the playlist grouping once and for all and save tons of memory)
* Do _something_ with the cloud applet
* General improvements of the service framework
* Do something with the member favorites feature on Magnatune.com
* Add new features to Magnatune store as I get them ready on Magnatune.com
* Interface update (unless some other unfortunate soul wishes to have
a go at this)

I have likely forgotten a ton of stuff, but that is what pops into my
head right now.

- Nikolaj