For rokymotion

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:55:37 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Exactly my thoughts.  In fact, I would only talk up the Linux version
>> with the 2.0 release unless we're asked about the Mac/Windows one.  Let
>> 2.0 be reviewed, let a few bugfix releases get out the door where we can
>> pretty our UI, add some better features, figure out how to get at least
>> iPod handling on Windows and Mac working/distributed, and so on, and
>> then we can hopefully use the strength of the hopefully good regard that
>> 2.0 gives us to promote the Mac/Windows versions.  Those will be big
>> deals; let's not rush into them until we're very ready.
>
> +1
>
> Well said!
K K. That's enough of a consensus for a No on the "push the beta"
topic for me. Will push back till > 2.0 release.

As for ipod support, I don't know how it works and I don't package it
up. Until someone else tells me it does work I've no plans to do so.
This is all moot however as there is no solid for os x/windows so, big
fail for devices right there.
My point: device support will lag behind on those platforms and itunes
does, and likely always will do, a better job of managing the ipod
than anything that isn't itunes ever will. let's not let device
support be a deciding factor on promotion of amarok.

> - Nikolaj

All your gmail are belong to us.