Future UI Discussion

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Nov 20 11:22:47 CET 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 5:30 AM, Lee Olson <leetolson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seeing as the user interface has been a pretty hot topic lately, I decided I
> would go ahead and create a mockup which should hopefully resolve some of
> the issues stated in the "About Amarok's interface design" thread.
>
> Please take a look at the attachment (which contains various minor changes,
> which are not quite perfect yet) and reply to this thread with ideas /
> comments that we can use in the future of Amarok's design. Please keep in
> mind that this is a long-term project and will be worked on step-by-step to
> achieve something that a majority can agree with.
>
> Hopefully this mockup will provide as a good visual that we can discuss and
> step-by-step, create a nice interface without completing another full
> overhaul.

Thanks for your mockup. I have to say I much prefer Nuno's original
"overlapping" design for the control buttons. It gives Amarok 2 a
unique look, almost like a logo. And I don't see major usability
issues with it.

Also I prefer the current look of the slider widgets.

Again I would like to remind everyone that right now is not the
perfect time to dicuss such things. We are very very close to _the_
most important Amarok release in years, and we have our hands full
with fixing the remaining showstopper bugs. I think we should all
focus on that right now.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer