Amarok patch for local encoded ID3 tags

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Fri Mar 28 15:48:11 CET 2008

Chih-Wei--

After looking at this patch and our code, I'm having a little trouble
understanding why you're running into this problem in the first
place...the strings we get from TagLib should be UTF-8 already.

Is it possible for you to send a sample file to me that exhibits this
behavior?  I'd like to test it with more recent versions of Amarok and
TagLib (I can see that you are using 1.4.3 on the Eee and I'm guessing
some snapshot or stock TagLib 1.4...lots of bugs have been fixed in both
applications since then).  Even if it doesn't work here it may turn out
that the proper place for a fix is in TagLib.

Thanks,
Jeff