RFC: Amarok 2.0 deadline September, 1

Alejandro Wainzinger aikawarazuni at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:01:32 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:46 AM, Maximilian Kossick
<maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com> wrote:
> way to many crucial tasks imo.
> tasks that can be downgraded:
> -all other media devices - unlikely that we'll have support for all
> media devices again, but we'll be take all we can get

I'll be doing mtp devices, not just ipods.

> -service framework
> -service - both are the most polished part of A2 at the moment.
>
> new tasks:
> -generic media device : crucial

Agreed, but from what I hear this is going to be hell.  I'm confident
I can get something reasonably usable, but generics are currently at
the end of my todo list.  I can work on that instead of MTP in light
of this release schedule idea though, to make it on time.

> please note that these priorities only apply to core developers imo.
> All SoC students are (obviously) completely free to work on their
> projects.

I guess in my case being that the things my project has to do are
_critical_ I think it's safe to say this doesn't apply to me?  =p