RFC: Amarok 2.0 deadline September, 1

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jun 12 15:23:47 CEST 2008

On 6/12/08, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen <nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So when would feature freeze occur?
>
> I would suggest that
>
>  A: We don't freeze trunk, but keep it open for the GSoC'ers and
>  instead make a release branch. If any GSoC projects come up with
>  release quality code after that time, we can always make exceptions.

Trunk should always be where the main focus is on, and so I'd suggest
doing it the other way around: Let the SoCers work in (git?) branches,
while trunk is being shaped into 2.0.

>  B: that feature freeze is in the beginning of July! This will give us
>  just under 2 months to get this beast stable.

Yep. We don't have to be anal about it (common sense first!), but I
agree that we should definitely start focusing on bug fixing. But if
someone adds this or that small feature after the freeze, nobody is
going to make a big fuss about it.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer