Meta::Album Covers

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Mon Jul 28 14:42:33 CEST 2008

On Monday 28 July 2008 12:55:38 Alejandro Wainzinger wrote:
> Right now, the only way to tell if a Meta::Album has a cover or not,
> is by passing it a size, via: Meta::Album::( hasImage( int size = 1 )
> ).  Would it make sense to have a function maybe called hasImages
> which figures out if the Meta::Album has any images at all?  I'm in
> need of that function, but unsure if there's a reason it shouldn't be
> there.

Well I also was a little curious about that things.

But if the Album has a cover you should have no problem to provide it in any
size needed ( qt can scale image as needed. sql and now nepomukcollection are
doing this. They store the scaled image to cache them in the amarok folder).

Well and hasImage( int size)  needs a size but as you can scale the image
anyway you could possibly just ignore the size parameter and just return if
there is a image or not in anycase.  (as you can provie a image in any size if
you have one)

The thing is: If you also do the caching in a similiar way we should consider
moving that code out of the collections and in some helper class used for
every collection.

Daniel