Implementation of CD stack collection view as a beginner

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Mon Jul 7 17:20:24 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Nakkapat Boonsri <nhtgnet at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi Leon,
>
> I've read your proposal and beginning the CD stack view project. At first,
> I'll try compile amarok from source.
> I have some questions regarding the project:
> - Is there any concrete deadline?

Not really. Its a Season of KDE project, not Google Summer of Code.
SoK has no money (Google swag has been promised though), so less
deadlines. :)

Amarok is in a feature freeze mostly. Our goal is a stable release in
Sept or October. What this means is that this project either needs to
be worked on in a branch or made to not interfere with current parts
of Amarok, like by adding a new sidebar perhaps (basically work in
your own classes).

> - According to the timeline you planned, are there any further
> modifications? how about the deadline for each milestones?

What I said above isn't meant to say you can't make goals for yourself
though. :) It's good software engineering to do so.