Info needed for KDE4 Release Event talk

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Jan 11 16:15:55 CET 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 8:36 PM, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> Hey guys--
>
> I'm putting together a talk for the KDE4 Release Event and I need a bit of
> information.  The first bit is probably mostly (all) from Leo, the second I'm
> not sure (but maybe Dan?)
>
> 1) How did we enhance Plasma while integrating it into Amarok?  Details (and
> their significance) are appreciated.
>
> 2) Ditto for Phonon.

For Phonon you have to go back to K3M in the Netherlands. Kretz was
there and he did an overview of the Phonon API. We had just added (or
were thinking about) gapless playback, and we noted that it would be
impossible in the Phonon API he presented. So he added the enqueue
methods to MediaObject and the signals to let you know when the track
is almost over.

We also talked to him about our need for analyzer support and such,
but I think he already had this sort of thing in mind.

Ian Monroe