Upgrade to AWS for fetching covers from Amazon

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu Jan 10 13:00:26 CET 2008

On Thursday 10 January 2008, Martin Aumueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 10 January 2008, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> Making a new release is probably a bit easier on us wrt bug reports: if
> covers don't work, we just tell users to upgrade to 1.4.9. But there is
> another thing I'd like to fix for 1.4.9: adding new media devices has
> become harder as the dialog does not pop up any longer if a new device has
> been found. A solution to that could be to just disable newly detected
> devices when cancelling this dialog.

It's not really a fix as it's not really a bug.  This was purposefully
disabled because of user complaints; in some cases (don't remember the
details anymore) devices could always be detected as being new so every time
someone opened Amarok they'd get a popup.  As we all know, lots of popups
suck.

Plus, it only ever really worked for UMS devices anyways (and maybe ipods)?

--Jeff