Default music dir and refactoring of collection config

Maximilian Kossick maximilian.kossick at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 21:03:15 CET 2008

Congratulations, now you know one person on Linux who puts the music
in ~/Music :)
Are you referring to those XDG environment variable that we had
trouble with a few months ago?
I don't think this has anything to do with this. And it's supported by
Qt anyway. It's probably the job of the linux distro to provide a way
to change the default dir,
not of Qt. And the spec itself allows for that.

The extra click-through would not bother me either (of course, I
usually click on almost anything in any new application that i use,
just to find out what it does)
but the local collection is still going to be the first among equals,
so a special treatment of its configuration could make sense.

Max