contextview broken without plasma

Harald Sitter sitter.harald at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:15:27 CET 2008

When plasma isn't installed amarok2 throws out nice errors like:
> amarok(16344)/kdecore (trader) KServiceTypeTrader::defaultOffers: KServiceTypeTrader: serviceType  "Plasma/Applet"  not found
> amarok(16344) Plasma::Applet::loadApplet: Applet::loadApplet: offers is empty for " "context" "
> amarok(16344) Plasma::Corona::addContainment: loading of containment "context" failed.
> findServiceByDesktopPath:  not found

This is because the following files aren't installed:
plasma-animator.desktop
plasma-applet.desktop
plasma-dataengine.desktop
(plasma-runner.desktop)
(plasma-scriptengine.desktop)

I have kinda no idea how to properly fix this... but some wicked
minded solution paths:

1. somehow get amarok's libplasma to search in the amarok
datadir/servicetypes for these files (probably best solution)
2. suffix -amarok to the desktop files and install them in the default
KDE 4 path, I'm not exactly sure this will not cause plasma to use our
files though

Leo, could you please take a look at this?