Queuing - final call

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Fri Dec 19 20:11:45 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:
> On 19 Dec 2008, at 08:34, Dan Meltzer wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>
>> wrote:

>> A++;
>
> A+1
>
> Bart's implementation currently doesn't work if you have random mode
> turned on. This seems to be like a pretty big loss of functionality
> from 1.x.

Random mode won't be the same in a queue, since the queue determines
the play order. So random mode would shuffle the upcoming tracks,
either when starting playback, at user request or at the end of every
track.

The nice thing we gain is that the play history is maintained and
visible in the queue without an additional UI. So if the user was
happy with the random selection over the past hour or so he can save
to be replayed later.