2.0.1 plan

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:49:50 CET 2008

I have a pretty advanced playlist searching implementation ready to
go. It supports progressive searches ( search as you type ) with
configurable search fields ( track names, artist names, ... ) and the
standard tracks and random track navigators now use a custom proxy
model  to optionally only jump to tracks that match the current search
term ( also easily configurable ). Settings are stored in config with
sane default values, speed of searching is fast even with a large
playlist ( all my testing was done with 3000+ tracks in the playlist
). Feedback is immediate of there is no matches ( same as when
searching in console ).

I consider this code quite stable for completely new code ( of course
it needs testing by people other than myself ) and was considdering
adding it to 2.0.1 as it will hopefully provide relief for the users
ho really miss the playlist filtering ( even though it is not quite
the same, some of this could be helped by, for instance, adding a
"select all matches" option )

- Nikolaj