extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/playlist/view/listview

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 21:20:52 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:10 PM, Leo Franchi <lfranchi at kde.org> wrote:

> On 16 Dec 2008, at 13:44, Bart Cerneels wrote:
>
>> SVN commit 897767 by shanachie:
>>
>> Use Ctrl+Right Click to quickly adjust the queue order in the
>> Playlist.
>>
>> This restores the basic functionality of the queue manager. It also
>> uses the same key combo.
>>
>> CCMAIL: amarok-devel at kde.org
>>

>> M  +45 -3     PrettyListView.cpp
>
> I'm not sure i agree with this commit. yes, you sent an email to the
> list, but I don't see any replies except for gary's disagreement.
>
> also, seeing as sebr has said he has a queueing system implemented in
> his local git repo, i don't see why this should be committed right now.
>
> a complete re-structuring of the queueing system like you talk about

There isn't any queue system to restructure currently.

> (where you don't tag files as queued), should be discussed before
> implemented, and while i realize that this is just an attempt to bring
> back the 1.4 ability, it really doesn't---it significantly changes the
> meaning of queueing.
>
> also, if i have random mode on, what does this do? nothing, right? in
> 1.4 you could just queue up a certain song if you wanted to hear it in
> the middle of your random playlist.
>
> i'd like to see this reverted (at least till seb has his input). what
> do you guys think?

That it seems like an additional feature that seems like a fine idea.
I think the full queue system is better, but this is better then no
queue system. Which is the standard we should be judging on: does it
improve trunk or not. It doesn't look like its hard to maintain or
anything.

Ian