extragear/multimedia/amarok/src/playlist/view/listview

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Tue Dec 16 21:10:15 CET 2008

On 16 Dec 2008, at 13:44, Bart Cerneels wrote:

> SVN commit 897767 by shanachie:
>
> Use Ctrl+Right Click to quickly adjust the queue order in the
> Playlist.
>
> This restores the basic functionality of the queue manager. It also
> uses the same key combo.
>
> CCMAIL: amarok-devel at kde.org
>

> M  +45 -3     PrettyListView.cpp

I'm not sure i agree with this commit. yes, you sent an email to the
list, but I don't see any replies except for gary's disagreement.

also, seeing as sebr has said he has a queueing system implemented in
his local git repo, i don't see why this should be committed right now.

a complete re-structuring of the queueing system like you talk about
(where you don't tag files as queued), should be discussed before
implemented, and while i realize that this is just an attempt to bring
back the 1.4 ability, it really doesn't---it significantly changes the
meaning of queueing.

also, if i have random mode on, what does this do? nothing, right? in
1.4 you could just queue up a certain song if you wanted to hear it in
the middle of your random playlist.

i'd like to see this reverted (at least till seb has his input). what
do you guys think?

leo
---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680