Future UI Discussion (another mockup)

O illogical1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 19:25:13 CET 2008

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> Kevin Funk wrote:
>> So here's what i had in mind for quite some time now.
>> Like it or not, feedback welcome :)
>
> Sometimes I wish we could go back to blue.  Gray can be so depressing,
> regardless of how it may or may not be perfect UI-wise for some reason
> or another.
>
> Anyways, I like some of it.  Not sure whether the changed background
> color helps or hurts...can't decide.  I DO like the now playing marker.
I don't. We The now playing indicator is a color and I don't think we
need yet another playlist indicator icon cluttering up the interface.
If the colored (blue currently?) indicator is too subtle (which it
really should be IMO) then we can always argue about how in your face
it should be. To be honest though my opposition to this icon mostly
stems from the fact that it just sticks out like a sore thumb.  I'd be
interested in seeing how just the little triangle would look.

>  I DON'T like the vertical ratings in the NP widget.
I do.

> I DO like the Play Media button in the top toolbar.
I don't. It doesn't provide a feature important enough to warrant
prominence in the toolbar (IMO) so it shouldn't be there by default.

> I DON'T like the rearrangement of the
> buttons (specifically this arrangement; in a general sense, we could
> hardly do worse than the overlapping, huge-bordered icons we have
> now...so I DO like the new icons in a general sense  :-) ).
I concur.

> --Jeff

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."