Namespacing Collection

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Dec 8 14:19:31 CET 2008

Casey Link wrote:
> Check out the spec.. it is not merely for "presence notification."
> There are stipulations for placing images, link, and buttons to allow
> the user to interact with a notification. They are trying to get that
> spec to become a freedesktop.org standard. But I still don't know why
> it was rejected by the plasma team; I'll post back when I do.

GUI elements aren't the issue.  My guess, based on the following line
taken from the Galago web page:

"To put it in simpler terms, it takes information on who is online and
their away/idle states from an instant messenger (such as gaim) or other
similar programs and lets other programs (such as Ximian's Evolution) to
make use of it. "

...is that the spec is not generic enough to support arbitrary
applications' notification.  But then, I haven't read it.

--Jeff