The releases after 2.0 and string changes..

Dan Meltzer parallelgrapefruit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 15:12:35 CET 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Casey Link <unnamedrambler at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:25 AM, Jeff Mitchell <kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com>
> wrote:
> > Dan Meltzer wrote:
> >> 2) You will either need to maintain two separate build directories or
> >> have to deal with a full rebuild every time you switch branch checkouts.
> >
> > That has not been my experience.
> >

> Ditto. It just rebuilds everything that is different between the two
> branches, which may require a full build but in most cases it doesn't.

Alright, even better.

It still might make sense to maintain separate build directories between 2.0
and 2.1 as I have a feeling they will diverge fairly quickly, leaving lots
of changes between the branches that require lots of rebuilding.

My branch setup original was with 1.4 and 2.0... No wonder it forced a full
rebuild :)