Amarok translations and future plans

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Fri Dec 5 13:17:47 CET 2008

Hi awesome translators,

	This is just quick email to describe to your our plans for post-
Amarok 2.0 releases so no one is surprised. We are planning on having
1-2 quick 2.0.x releases in a few weeks to fix bugs that users report
in 2.0 proper, but will not be opening trunk up to features and
strings. That said, if there are some strings that we have withheld
and we think are critical to re-add, we will probably do so. But we
will carefully watch string additions to make sure it is minimal.

Once those are out the door we are going to be switching to 2.1, and
that will basically be a free for all with everyone adding features
they have been working on as well as new strings. As we have been in a
string freeze since August essentially (don't ask...) there are quite
a few pent up ones that will be entering the tree.

Anyway, we'll keep you guys updated with the stringiness of our
releases in the future.

cheers,
leo

p.s. if you reply, cc me as i am not subscribed.

---
Leo Franchi				(650) 704 3680
Tufts University 2010

lfranchi at kde.org