Support for external locations

Gary Steinert gary.steinert at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 16:39:32 CET 2008

I have seen requests around for quite a while asking for the ability to
include an external location as part of the collection, removing/hiding the
tracks in the collection browser when the location isn't present.

I believe I have a couple of ideas how this could be done and would like to
take it up as a mini-project for post 2.0. I'm just wondering how well a
feature like this would be received.

My plan at the moment is to have it to require no user input as such, the
removal of files will be done automatically based on whether the device is
present. The records will remain in the database so that ratings and the like
will not be sacrificed, more than likely with a way for the user to remove
them (on a per-device basis). This should stop the database getting bloated
with redundant records.

Just so you know I will keep on with the bugfixing =P I'm just looking for a
project to do when there's nothing else going!

Gary Steinert