The releases after 2.0 and string changes..

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:35:28 CET 2008

Basically what you are proposing is the KDE4 model. This has been
discussed before, and I think this might work, although I would like
to see one small modification. I say we do one or two 3 week release
cycles for 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 in trunk and then branch off stable. The
upside of this is that everyone will be running the stable version for
a little while and we can focus on getting some bugfixes in. The
downside is that it will delay the "new feature frenzy" a little, but
is this really a big issue since everyone seem to have these features
cooking in their private git repos for now?

- Nikolaj