rc2

Bart Cerneels bart.cerneels at kde.org
Wed Dec 3 11:49:29 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:16 AM, Nikolaj Hald Nielsen
<nhnfreespirit at gmail.com> wrote:
> It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.... :-/
>
> I propose that we postpone the final release of Amarok 2.0.0 until
> after an rc2. There has simply been too many big changes in trunk
> recently, and I see quite a lot of commits that I think should have
> been held until after 2.0.0 was tagged. Overall I am just not
> confident that the recent changes and the changes still going in will
> receive any significant amount of testing before friday.
>
> - Nikolaj

Releasing a second RC makes sense so it can be tested, however. I've
got a feeling some features get very little testing at the moment by
the audience of beta's and RC's. They might not be very tempted to
file bug reports for these testing releases as well. And the 2.0
release has been delayed to much already.

I propose that we all very intensely use the current svn version over
the next couple of days to find critical bugs, focussing on recently
changed and not very much tested code. Fix the issues and tag 2.0 as
scheduled.