Urls in tables

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Aug 21 18:34:09 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Jeff Mitchell
<kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> Max, Mark, Leo, Seb, etc...
>
> Please take a look at this thread and give your thoughts.  I'd like to
> get this resolved soon, as the sooner database changes can be made, the
> better.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Does anyone understand the lifecycle of the URL table?

In Amarok 1.4 we used URLs as the "foreign key" (and then device stuff
later). The idea of having the URL table was to simplify the DB
schema. But it should essentially make the URL table a permanent
table, not something to be dropped with every rescan. I don't really
understand how the stuff works now.

Ian