item for discussion: internal bug tracker/todo system

Gregory Meyer greg at gkmeyer.com
Mon Aug 11 19:29:04 CEST 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:15 PM, Lydia Pintscher
<lydia.pintscher at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 18:02, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>>
>> Anyways that's my idea. People should talk about it with each other at
>> aKademy and decide if its any good or not. :) Let me know if something
>> doesn't make sense.
>>
>> Ian
>
> Your idea is good but not with a second bug tracker!
> We already have one and abusing one as a todo list will lead to no good.
> We need a todo software. So let's get one.
> Can someone look into groupware solutions?
>
> Also let us first have a look at the new bugzilla and how much it
> improves the situation.

I have always been kind of impressed with flyspray as a task
tracker/to-do list rather than a pure bug tracker.  In fact, i believe
they even refer to items as tasks in the software as opposed to bugs.

I do think a bug tracker is appropriate since we need to do far more
than keep a list of items.  If you just replace the word bug with task
it becomes appropriate.

Just my 2 cents.