extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Sat Aug 2 21:26:34 CEST 2008

On Saturday 02 August 2008, Maximilian Kossick wrote:
> I do not think there's a reason to query for unique ids, or to match a
> unique id. If you use QueryMaker, you are interested in Meta objects.
> You'll have to read the unique id for a track from the database when
> creating that track, so the join is required. But that's an
> implementation detail of SqlQueryMaker.

I reverted the changes to QueryMaker, and things are mostly working --
trackForUrl on an amarok-sqltrackuid URL works correctly, the database is
populated on scan, etc.

However, although TagDialog creation from the playlist on tracks works, if you
go to a track in the CollectionBrowser and try to edit it, the tag dialog
doesn't open, saying it got an empty list of tracks.  So something's not
happy with the querymaker being fed to it, but I have no idea why as I
believe my changes were all reverted.

Ideas?  Or might you be able to take a look?

Thanks,
Jeff