extragear/multimedia/amarok/src

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Mon Apr 28 23:54:57 CEST 2008

David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 28 April 2008, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> Would it be better to use kfmclient and/or patch it to use xdg-open, and have
>> it handle the foo on Windows?
>
> Patching kfmclient to use xdg-open? This makes no sense. xdg-open uses kfmclient,
> so this idea would make the whole thing loop forever :)
>
> kfmclient == kde-specific, xdg-open == desktop-independent.

Err, so that doesn't make sense.  Wouldn't you want to set your
preferences in a desktop-independent manner, and have kfmclient honor
them?  Admittedly I don't know much of anything about xdg-open, but I do
know it's the desktop-independent analogue, which makes me think that
kfmclient should use it, not the other way around.

--Jeff