Amarok crashes on Windows because of failure when loading plugins

Jeremy ALLES jeremy.alles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:06:59 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'd like to help you with the 2.0 version of Amarok. Because I can work on
it when I'm at work, I need to make it run on Windows...

I finally manage to build Amarok on Windows after some hacks in Amarok's
source code. However, this is still not functionnal because when I start
Amarok, I got two errors. It is about plugins libamarok-daap and
libamarok-sqlcollection that couldn't be loaded. I tried to trace down the
problem, but I didn't success. Apparently, in Klibrary source code, when the
load() function is called, it does not sucess. Then the test isLoaded()
fails, then I get the message error and then the crash...

Any idea why this is not working ? If I could fix this problem, I'd be glad
to try to help you with any aspect :)

Thank you for your help,

Jeremy