New website theme, when to roll out?

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Apr 10 04:31:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 5:26 PM, Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org> wrote:
>  I'm going to withhold my reasons, but I reckon we should launch it
>  sooner rather than later.

Haha, its Seb "007" Ruiz.

We should do it ASAP for all the reasons Markey listed. The main
reason is that we don't want to turn this project into another
gentoo.org website redesign (summary: it never happened). I'll also
add that I don't think just having a mockup is enough for us to really
get the theme how we want it. Having it live will be the best way to
get some kinks out. I'd rather do this while Amarok isn't being
plastered all over the interwebs for it's 2.0 release.

Anyways there are some practical matters that make ASAP not so soon.
We really need to wait until Drupal 6 is ready for us to use; we have
to wait until all the modules that we use are ported to it (I have to
say I hate Drupal's release practices, but anyways). And then we
(likely me or Seb) have to migrate it. Drupal 6 themes are pretty
different, so it'd ultimately be a waste of time to make a Drupal 5
theme.

Ian